What We Do At Chimera Design
Chimera Design - Tradition With A Twist
We offer full service jewelry repair and custom jewelry design and we have several cases FULL of unique jewelry made in house by our own Julie Claire DeVoe as well as some other local artists.;
Chimera Design opened their door at 208 E Main Street in Historic Downtown Lowell, Michigan, in November 2002.
We offer the following services:
- Expert, onsite* jewelry repair - ring sizing, chain solder, diamond replacement, etc.
- Custom jewelry design - we fabricate and we offer CAD/CAM design.
- We will set or re-set diamonds and gems you inherit, purchase or dig up!
- Loose diamonds and gemstones.
- Jewelry Appraisals for Insurance/Estates. Cliff is a 1998 GIA Diamonds Graduate.
- Watch battery replacement.
- Help with the evaluation of Estate jewelry. Don't know what is valuable and what is not? We can help sort things out for you. We sell on consignment, buy outright, and have contacts in NYC, Chicago, Dallas, and LA where we can help you sell more rare and valuable pieces.
- Personal service from the people who own the shop - Cliff & Julie.
*NOTE: Sometimes we use our associate Jere to do some of the repairs and/or stone setting, he stops in one day a week to help our with repairs. Jere is a third generation jeweler and has worked with us for over a decade - he does the CAD/CAM jewelry creation with Cliff.
Here is a 60 second sample of some of Julie's creations: